‘6 Thinking hats’ is an important and powerful technique. It is used to look at decisions from a number of important perspectives. This forces you to move outside your habitual thinking style and helps you get a more rounded view of a situation.
This tool was created by Edward de Bono in his book ‘6 Thinking Hats’
- White hat – Facts neutral, objective information.
- Red hat – Emotions hunches, Intuition, Gut feelings.
- Black hat – critical, analyst, logical negative.
- Yellow hat -Sunshine, optimism, logical pisitive.
- Green hat – Creative, growth, possibilities, ideas.
- Blue hat – Cool agenda, process, organiser, overview, decision.